1. Chemical name: Tri Sodium Citrate dihydrate
2. M. F.: NaC6H5O7.2H2O
3. M. W.: 294.10
4. Physical properties: Colorless crystalloid or white crystalline powder; Odourless, cool and salty; Slightly deliquescent in moist air; Efflorescent in hot air; Soluble in water but insoluble in Ethanol. To decompose when heated and to lose cystal water at 150° C.
5. Quality standard: ( BP93, BP98, FCC-4)
6, Usage: To be used as a flavor and stablizer in food industry, anticoagulant, reducer of phlegm and diuretic in pharmaceutical industry. Replacing Sodium Tripolyphosphate, it can act as an auxiliary of non-phosphous detergent. Applicable in fermentation, injection, film developing and electroplation.
7. Packing: In 25kgs net paper bags lined with PP bags.
8. Storage and transport: To be stored in a dry, ventilative and clean warehouse; Kept away from moisture and heat, poisonous substances. Handle with care.
Sodium Citrate Anhydrous Functions & Applications
* Acts as food additive /replace the sodium citrate/ chemical reagent
* Food Processing/ Additive
Flavor for yoghurt
* Beverages - (Alcoholic)
Buffer acidity in cold drink
Binder in Cheese&minced meat
Emulsifier in Cheese&cream
Stabilizer in cheese & cream
* Fruits & Vegetables
Acid coagulant in Jams& Jellies
|Name of index||BP93||BP98||FCC-4|
|Appearance||White or light yellow crystal or powder||White or light yellow crystal or powder||White or light yellow crystal or powder|
|Content(KC 6 H 5 O 7 ) ≥%||99.0-101.0||99.0-101.0||99.5-100.5|
|Heavy metal(AsPb) ≤%||0.001||0.001||0.001|
| AS ≤%||0.0001||0.0001||-|
|Loss on drying%||11.0-13.0||11.0-13.0||10.0-13.0|
|Alkalinity%||0.2||Accord with the test||Accord with the test|
|Readily Carbonisable Substances||Accord with the test||Accord with the test||-|
|Transparenly and color of sample||-||Accord with the test||-|
|Pyrogens||-||Accord with the test||-|